Skip Navigation

We respect the commitment our service men and women have made to our country and thank you for your service. We welcome you to Cabarrus College of Health Sciences and look forward to helping you obtain your healthcare degree. We have two Veteran Affairs certifying agents at Cabarrus College of Health Sciences who are both located in the Student Support Center (room 133) and who look forward to helping you.

Valerie Richard
Director of Financial Aid
(704) 403- 3507

Mary Elmore
Director of Student Records and Information Management
(704) 403-3218

Please review our College's Veterans resource page.

The Veterans Administration will make a determination of whether or not you qualify for Veterans Benefits. For questions regarding VA education benefits, call 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit

To view the current rates of VA coverage visit:

For help with deciding which GI Bill benefit to use, see the comparison chart at this link:

Cabarrus College encourages all Service members to coordinate with your Education Advisor, ESO or Installation Education Office to receive approval before enrolling in courses at Cabarrus College of Health Sciences.

If you would like us to certify your enrollment to VA please submit the following items to us:

  • Your certificate of eligibility from VA. If you do not have this please print off your application from VONAPP.
  • Copies of all transcripts (high school diploma, military, and college transcripts). Let us know if you have already provided these to the Admissions department. If so, we will access your admission file and the registrar will review your documents. This must be done prior to certifying your enrollment.

Enrollment certifications are completed after the end of the drop/add period as long as all required documents have been received.

For Montgomery GI bill benefits and Chapter 35 - Dependents Educational Assistance funds are paid directly to you so you will be required to pay all tuition, fees and books out of pocket.

The Chapter 33/ Post 9-11 GI Bill pays tuition and fees directly to the school. Once the certificate of eligibility is received by us, we will notify the business office of the pending benefits.

Keep in mind that VA will only pay for courses that are required for graduation as defined by your curriculum and as published in the catalog/bulletin. VA will not pay for non-degree or additional courses.

Starting in the 2021-2022 school year, Post-9/11 GI Bill® students who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments are required to verify their enrollment to continue receiving their payments. Please visit this site for instructions on how to verify your enrollment:

It is the student's responsibility to advise the certifying agent at the beginning of each semester about their schedule. In addition, it is the student's responsibility to notify the certifying agent of any change in the student's status, such as dropping or adding courses or withdrawal from the school after a semester or term has started. When a student using the Post 9/11 GI Bill drops a class (or stops attending) after the enrollment certification is submitted to VA, the student is responsible for any overpayment by VA. It is ultimately YOUR responsibility to report any change in status. Failure to comply with these requirements could result in an overpayment, a lapse in payment, or a reduction in your benefits.

Some additional links you may find helpful: The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate's degree in a portable career field and occupation. Cabarrus College is one of the approved schools with this program.

North Carolina resources for Veterans:

Numbers to Know:

1-888-442-4551 VA Call center (General Inquiries and information) - Address Changes, request to establish benefits, general information.

1-877-823-2378 VA or Use WAVE (on GI Bill website) – Monthly verification of attendance.

1-877-838-2778 VA Direct Deposit Center for Education- Start, stop or change direct deposit information.

1-800-273-8255 Veterans Crisis Line – Confidential help for veterans and their families