Congratulations on joining Atrium Health!
The Medical Staff Services department will coordinate your hospital privileges and payer enrollment. Our goal is to ensure that your credentialing process is seamless and efficient. You will be contacted by your Intake Partner within the Medical Staff Services department 60 days prior to your start date to initiate your electronic credentialing process.
In the interim, please review the checklist below, which lists the required documents that you will need to submit to complete the credentialing process for privileging, managed care participation, and government enrollment.
- The medical license application process may take anywhere from 4 – 6 months.
- Your licensure is critical to the credentialing process. Please begin this process immediately to avoid any delays in processing your application.
- If you are applying for a NC Medical License, please check with the Board to see if you meet the criteria to apply for an expedited license. If you meet the criteria for this particular application, it can reduce the standard 4 – 6 month timeframe.
- At this time, the NC Medical Board does not require the use of the Federation Credentials Verification System (FCVS) for all new applicants. However, if you are relocating from a state that did require the use of the FCVS, or if you are a graduate from a medical school outside of the US, you are required to use the FCVS in completing your application.
- The SC Medical Board does require the use of the FCVS.
- Websites for the Boards as well as the FCVS are included below:
- It is mandatory to provide your NC/SC state medical license before beginning the application.
- If you have already obtained a DEA, you must change it to your new NC/SC office address.
- When working in both NC and SC, you will be required to apply for a 2nd DEA.
- The following drug schedules (2, 2N, 3, 3N, 4, 5) are required.
- Website for the DEA http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/
To begin the credentialing and privileging process for hospital privileges, you will receive correspondence from a teammate within the Medical Staff Services department. At that time, you will receive your log in and password which will allow you to complete your online application. If you have additional questions, please contact the Medical Staff Services department at (704) 355-2147.
For credentialing and privileging at the following locations please contact the following:
- Columbus Regional HealthCare System - contact Jaime Beverly at 910-642-9420
- Scotland HealthCare System - contact Sissy Pitman at 910-291-7511
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center - contact Renee Slater at 910-667-2789
- St. Luke’s Hospital – contact Stephanie Bowman at 828-894-3525, ext. 3190 or firstname.lastname@example.org